My Attempt at making Korean Corndogs

Korean Corn Dogs


 Today I decided to try something and instead of doing a destination, I would make something. I've wanted to try the Korean Corndog for a while now and I was like this would be perfect to do for a blog post so yeah. Although this was a failed attempt and was really messy it was fun and the few I was able to make turned out good. So I will be sharing I guess some whats and whatnot do's. 

Ingredients

  • 6 hots dogs or mozzarella sticks
  • 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp of sugar and extra to coat the corn dog afterward
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of whole milk
  • 1 cup panko 
  • Oil 
  • 2 tsp of baking powder
Here is the link to the recipe with a video included. 

Quick-Step by Step instructions

  • Skewer your mozzarella sticks or hotdogs and put them in the fridge to cool


  • Next, make your batter and whisk your flour, sugar, egg, milk, and baking powder then put it in the fridge to cool it will be thick so no need to worry. 
  • Then heat your oil and start dipping your hot dogs and cheese sticks in the batter and coat in panko and fry them until brown and repeat.





  • Lastly, sprinkle your corn dog with sugar and add your favorite condiments if you want. 

Tips

 Buy big skewers because when you go to add the batter and everything the weight of the batter is going to pull the cheese or hotdog off the stick. The hotdogs weren't as bad but the cheese was.

Also, I would dip the skewers in something sticky or something that will keep the cheese or hotdog in place. 

Another thing is I would do is buy precut sticks instead of the mozzarella block or if you do cut it yourself cut it into big pieces. 

One more thing when you go to add the panko I would sprinkle it on rather than rolling it in the panko. 





Comments

Popular Posts